Wednesday, August 1, 2018

New Awakenings

Yesterday was a landmark day in the Pettibone household: we learned to use some of the resources which have been available to us. We knew we had a Wifi antenna on the roof of the RV, a little black box up in one of our cabinets, and a Wifi switch on the control panel, but we didn't know what to do with any of them. If you are familiar with Newmar, you know that each motor home comes with a very large satchel filled with information. I finally (after more than 4 months of ownership) found the information in that satchel which told me how to bring the three items mentioned above into use, and voila, we have our own wifi. It is so much better than trying to share the Park's wifi, or using our hotspot when we are out of our carrier's reach. I think this is the benefit of time off from travel and the concerns of being home: we have the leisure and time to learn new things.

This morning, as I sat outside for a quiet time, I took the time to look and listen. To my right was the sun, to my left, in an almost cloudless sky, was the moon. All around me were the songs of various birds. It was a beautiful moment that would not have been captured on film, but which nonetheless was very meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment