Tuesday, August 14, 2018

On Hotels and RVs

We are in Jefferson City, MO, on what I call my vacation. I do that not only because when we are here we see family, but because I don't have to cook and clean and do all the other things I have to do when we travel in our RV.

These are pictures of the breakfast room at the hotel. There is much more of a variety than I would offer at home. We could have the ubiquitous make - your - own waffles, omelets, cereal, pastries, fruit and beverages. This morning I had a biscuit with not - too - bad sausage gravy. 

It has occurred to me that staying in a hotel room is really little different from RV life, except for the immobility and lack of cooking facilities. I like having maid service and going out to eat. I like the occasional retreat from normal living responsibilities, and I love the opportunities to see family. I will, however, be glad to get back to our home waiting for us in Urbana, Iow

No comments:

Post a Comment