Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Puzzle and Gourd Dance

This morning I was doing a word search on a cereal box with a yellow hi-liter. I kept coming to words on the list I knew I had found. I realized then that as the hi-liter was drying, it was disappearing. It reminded me of a time when I wrote a check for a license plate with a black pen. The clerk soon brought the check back to me. It was completely blank of everything I had written. I was really frustrated until we discovered that I had inadvertently used erasable ink, which had disappeared because of the heat from the photo copy machine. Needless to say, I no longer carry erasable ink pens in my purse.

About a year ago, we were in Oklahoma City. It was an extended visit because of having work done on our car, which got hit as we towed it, part of the reason we are not towing this year. During the time we were there, we saw many things and got to spend some time with a long-time friend, David Flick. David is a member of an Indian tribe, Cherokee I believe, but don't really remember. We had the privilege of being taken by David to a Gourd Dance. While what we witnessed was within the confines of a gym-like structure, there were many things going on outside. It was an experience that could not be duplicated. I was most impressed by exchanges of money and goods. It was like a competition to see who could be the most generous. It was truly something I will never forget.
                                                          
The white-bearded man is our friend David

Too bad I can't capture the action
 


These are the Princesses



No comments:

Post a Comment