Sunday, August 19, 2018

Nostalgic Foods

As we returned from Jefferson City, MO to our campsite in Urbana, IA, I just had to stop at a roadside store advertising A & W products. Turns out they had a full A&W stand. I ordered a pork tenderloin sandwich, which was good, but not the highlight of my meal. The best thing was my root beer float. I have never imbibed carbonated drinks, but have always loved the flavor of rootbeer. I was delighted in my youth to find that ice cream reduces the carbonation in floats, so root beer floats became a standard, with A&W as my favorite. I just haven't been able to find draft A&W for quite a while, and canned or bottled root beer just isn't the same. I was delighted by this find yesterday, and really enjoyed that float!



There was also a Godfather's Pizza in the same building.  Ed and I have been trying to remember where we lived that had a Godfather's pizza. I remember that it was pretty good pizza, but I was more interested in a root beer float yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment