Friday, August 3, 2018

Iowa Musings

I wish I could appropriately describe this beautiful sunset. Along with the expected pinks and oranges, there were greens and grays and colors I don't think I can describe.

I really think I have to put in a word for this beautiful park in which we are spending the month. I chose it randomly, but it is really all I could ask for. The sites are larger than we have ever seen. But there is much more.

The park is called Lazy Acres, in Urbana, IA, but it really isn't designed for lazy people. There are many things just to walk around and look at:


Petting Zoo

No climbing

Heads are made of milk cans
Giant watering can

Bikes are provided for children to ride


























Along with many things to see, there are plenty of things to do:
Ed and I stopped for a swing

A croquet set awaits on the porch

Children can ride on Saturdays

Horseshoes anyone?


Can't forget the Frisbie Golf Course

Don't know what Ga Ga ball is, but there's the set up for it.

Where the pool used to be; now just a pretty place to gather



 There is also a basketball court, a volley ball court and some things I can't identify. If you are in this part of the country, this is the park to visit. A unique treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment