Monday, August 6, 2018

Peace in the midst of the storms

We are in the middle of a forecast of a rainy, stormy week. It began on Saturday night, intensifying last night and is predicted to continue on and off through the week. It is a wet time for northeastern Iowa. I don't know what stage crops are in, but I think it is at least close to time for harvest, a time when rain is not desired. Other than close down our satellite dish, we make little special coach preparations for storms. We do unhook unnecessary electronics like computers, and make sure windows are shut, but we don't bring in slides (we have four) as some do. I do certainly spend a lot of time through wind, lightning and rain in prayer.

Before the rains began on Saturday, Ed and I shared a special time. We played miniature golf--I failed to mention that course in my last blog--and we had our first campfire. Can you imagine? We have lived the RV life for almost two years now, and just shared our first campfire. It was a special time for me because it was part of the peaceful time we are sharing. While I doubt I will ever intentionally schedule a month at any particular place again, the time here has been relationally peaceful. I hate actually being on the road, and become a shrew while we are driving, relaxing only when I drive and when we are camped. This month off the road has been special. And there is more to come. This weekend our son Scott will come pick us up--we are not towing this year--and take us to Jefferson City, MO for a week. That time will be spent in a hotel. That is what I call my vacation. We have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren in Missouri, and hope to see most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment