Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Derby Week Wrap Up.

I wrote yesterday, but we were in the dead zone of Frankfort and it didn't publish. Now, can I remember what I said?
The weather at Churchill Downs was miserable!! We supposedly had covered seats, but they were right on the edge of the end section, the end from which rain, wind and cold were coming. I thought I would never stop shivering! I love watching the horses run, but I really couldn't get excited! I had planned to make some exotic wagers on the Derby, but no enthusiasm to figure them out.
I did get to sit with a couple that we shared the dinner theater seats with, and I was happy about that. It was exciting to see the shuttle buses--both city and school buses-- line up outside the Downs. There must have been about 50 of them running continously all day. The lines to get on after the races were horrendous!
The result of the Derby was very interesting! It was fun to see responses go from ecstasy to devastation--and the reverse--in such a short time. I think we probably benefited from the disqualification.  We had bet on both horses to show, but made a higher wager on Maximum Security. It's all good.
Here, hopefully are some pics from the day.
 We both actually kept our hats on all day!
If you look to the right of the stadium, you will see a line of white. That is the line of shuttle buses, going up over the hill and beyond.

Good bye to Churchill Downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment