Wednesday, May 29, 2019

A Unique City Center

We are continuing to enjoy our respite here in Martinsville, VA. At least I am. I have developed a somewhat irregular schedule.  Following my quiet time each morning, I usually do the Daily Puzzle of the two computer games I am playing, Word Stacks and Uncrossed. I am mostly into Word Stacks now, and finished 1st out of 50 in a tournament last weekend. After the daily games, I will probably work on a sermon or bible study for next season at our home base. So far I think I have outlined 3 sermons and at least 3 bible studies. Then I will either read or do more Word Stacks puzzles. In the evening I will do what I didn't do in the afternoon, read or more puzzles. We don't have good TV reception here, so I have had to find alternatives.


Yesterday we went to Roanoke, just north of Martinsville about 50 miles. There we found the most wonderful city center. It is a square of buildings with the most wonderful shops, restaurants and breweries.  We ate lunch at 3 Notch'd Brewery. Neither one of us had beer. Ed had a red wine and I had a delicious Cherry Limeade. The food, unfortunately, was mediocre at best. We made a bad choice among many options. But some of the other shops we explored were great! We went to a place called Chocolatepaper.  I am a paper person and a chocolate person, so how could I resist? There was also a wonderful Kitchen store called Ladles and Linens. My memory isn't good, i am reading receipts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment